How To Fix a Car Speaker Cone Thats Water Damaged


If you have recently been to a car wash or have discovered a leak in your roof, chances are there is water got into the rear speakers. Most factory speakers that come with the car are made from a paper cone material. However, aftermarket speakers have more change of survival as they usually contain an plastic surface. To prevent this happening in the future, you can protect the car speakers from water damage by sealing off the holes and ensure that the speaker grills are always on.

1) Remove the car speaker from the water damaged location. This is by removing the protective grill and its screws.

2) Get a hair dryer to dry off the water from the cone.

3) Using a towel, wipe the magnet and speaker terminals clean to prevent rust and corrosion to occur.
Previous Post
Next Post

2 comments:

  1. I need to to thank you for this good read!! I definitely
    enjoyed every bit of it. I've got you saved as a favorite to look at new things you post…

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a pity you don't have a donate button! I'd definitely donate to this excellent blog!
    I suppose for now i'll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed
    to my Google account. I look forward to fresh updates and will talk about this blog with my Facebook group.
    Talk soon!

    ReplyDelete